Writing your first CV after graduating university can be a daunting task, especially if you’re looking for your first professional role. However don’t panic, Intern Avenue are here to help. Our engineering internship CV template is here to guide you on how to write the perfect CV.
If you are not sure where to start, we can help you by providing you with expert advice and step-by-step guidance with our engineering internship CV template. We’ll show you how to present your CV to make your application stand out from the crowd.
If you’re looking for an internship in the exciting engineering sector, where you can spend your days inventing, building and maintaining products that are essential to daily life then check out our range of engineering internships available today.
Download our CV template now, to ensure that you land your dream engineering internship.
Engineering Internship CV Template
I am a motivated and focused Engineering undergraduate with a drive to further my experience and education within the industry by way of an Engineering internship programme. I am currently coming to the end of the second year of my BEng degree course at Manchester University. I have a growing interest in structural engineering, and predominantly the environmental impact of urban growth. I am described as an excellent communicator both verbally and graphically with good team building skills and an optimistic attitude.
2014 – Present BA (Eng) in Engineering. University of Manchester.
2012 – 2014 A Level Maths (A) Business Studies (A) Design and Communication (B) – Ipswich Sixth Form College.
2010 – 2012 9 GCSEs C grade and above (including Maths and English) – Ipswich Secondary School.
Core employment skills
• Strong and articulate communicator.
• Workload and time management.
• Growing awareness of structural design and client satisfaction.
• Dedicated, motivated and prepared to make decisions.
• Proficient in CAD software.
• Resourceful, honest and enthusiastic.
• A desire to learn and grow within the industry.
Assistant to CAD Engineer (as part of college work placement)
• Preparing CAD designs and blueprints.
• Undertaking environmental surveys to assess impact and sustainability.
• Preparing PowerPoint presentations for clients.
• Attending meetings with architects and contractors.
• Managing filing system.
• Ensuring all designs were signed off correctly.
• General administrative duties using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Weekend ride supervisor, Wildtime Theme Park
• Responsible for the operation of a variety of theme park rides.
• Ensuring the safety of park visitors and their awareness of safety procedures.
• Inspecting the ride’s structure and reporting maintenance issues.
• Providing a friendly and approachable point of contact for members of the public.
Achievements and awards
• Winner of regional cross country trials.
• Part of junior expedition to Nepal.
• Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme Gold Award.
• Part of winning University debating team, debating environmental impact of urban regeneration.
Hobbies and interests
• Keen student rights campaigner and member of NUS committee.
• Visiting Cathedrals and other structures of architectural beauty.
• Member of University athletics team.
• Meeting new people, networking and expanding my social framework.
• Member of University debating team.
References available on request
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require references from any of my previous employers or tutors.