A CV is in essence a summary of your top skills, achievements, goals and interests – inside and outside of your academic work. Your CV is your golden ticket to landing an interview for your dream job – therefore it is imperative that you create a perfect CV.
In order to impress the employer with your CV it is important to initially understand exactly what they are looking for, focus on their core requirements, often mentioned in the job description and relate these requirements to your own achievements and goals within the industry.
When applying for a legal internship, it is essential that you entice the recruiter with your CV – so that they want to know more about you. All the while highlighting your impressive education, work experience and achievements. We also recommend that you should highlight the following skills: your knowledge of the legal sector, effective communication skills, dependability, ability to work under pressure and ability to learn quickly.
If you’re not sure where to start with your legal internship CV template, download our example below. Intern Avenue are here to help, by providing you with expert advice and step-by-step guidance to create an impressive CV.
Legal Internship CV Template
A highly dedicated and tenacious Law undergraduate with a drive to further my experience within the industry by way of an intern program. I have a growing knowledge of legal protocols, and a desire to experience the different legal practices in real world situations. I believe this highlights a determination and ambition to succeed within the legal sector. I am described as a studious and meticulous learner with a willingness to undertake any task or duty to the highest possible standards.
2014 – 2016 BA (Hons) in Business and Law. Kings College London.
2012 – 2014 A Level Maths (A) Business Studies (A) English (B) – Ipswich Sixth Form College.
2010 – 2012 9 GCSEs C grade and above (including Maths and English) – Ipswich Secondary School.
Core employment skills
• Growing knowledge of legal codes, litigation and court procedures.
• Workload and time management.
• Confident communicator.
• Dedicated, motivated and prepared to make decisions.
• Desire to work in fast paced, positive environments.
• Resourceful, honest and enthusiastic.
• A desire to learn and grow within the industry.
Legal Administrator (as part of college work placement)
• Assisting with litigation, arbitration and regulatory administration.
• Co-ordinating meetings between legal representatives and clients.
• Learning the procedure for drawing up legal documents.
• Maintaining legal case database.
• Managing filing system.
• Greeting clients.
• Administrating legal aid documentation.
• General administrative duties using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Achievements and awards
• Winner of under 17’s regional triathlon competition.
• Part of junior expedition to Nepal.
• Runner up in national short story writing competition.
• Senior A level prefect.
Hobbies and interests
• Keen student rights campaigner and member of NUS committee.
• Writing articles for University magazine.
• Member of University athletics team.
• Meeting new people, networking and expanding my social framework.
• Member of University debating team.
References available on request
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require references from any of my previous employers or tutors.