I have recently graduated from the University of Kent, where I was awarded with a 2:1 in BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science. My degree is accredited by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries and I have already gained the following Core Technical exemptions: CT4 and CT8. My personal aim is to qualify as an associate and work experience would be valuable towards establishing a strong foundation for my career.
My ideal work environment involves engaging with clients and/or projects that would enhance my analytical and investigative skills. From skills attained through tutoring and working as a sales assistant, I can apply a confident, warm approach towards clients to understand and fulfil their requests. I could add to your firm by building professional relationships with clients and ensuring that they receive a superior service. In addition, I would appreciate a position which would allow me to conduct investigations and review/analyse statements or project appraisals. I would contribute to the company to in a manner to ensure that it is well-positioned for success.
In terms of personal skills, my work experience and volunteering have allowed me to become easily adapted to new working environments and schedules – I often thrive under fast paced, demanding settings. I am highly confident when working with others, I can use the skills developed through tutoring to be able to communicate and work effectively within a team.
In terms of hobbies, I enjoy editing music and videos and have become proficient in my use of Sony Vegas Pro. I have also had a strong passion for art and photography – I have previously been awarded a position on a Gifted Arts Program and have designed many adverts, posters and company logos for various people.
Below is an insight into the modules completed during my degree:
• Calculus & Mathematical Modelling – Achieved 85% in coursework.
• Matrices & Computing – Achieved 79% in coursework. The computing aspect of the module was based on Maple, MS Excel and R, for which I achieved 74%, 93% and 71%, respectively.
• Finance Mathematics
• Proofs & Numbers – Achieved 73% in the examination.
• Business Economics – Achieved 76% in coursework.
• Probability & Statistics for Actuaries 1
• Statistics for Insurance – Achieved 94% in coursework.
• Contingencies – Achieved 71% overall.
• Corporate Finance for Actuaries – Achieved 78% overall.
• Financial Reports & their Analysis – Achieved 94% for coursework based on creating and updating company statements. Also, awarded 81% for coursework based on analysing the published accounts of Severn Trent plc.
• Probability & Statistics for Actuaries 2 – Achieved 83% for my coursework.
• Analysis – Achieved 77% for coursework.
• Linear Algebra – Achieved 82% for coursework, which included an assessment awarded 99%.
Join thousands of people who have started their careers using Intern Avenue
Start hiring today and receive 30% off your first month with Intern Avenue. Simply enter the code BACKTOUNI30 at checkout
*Available for Starter, Basic and Pro Packages