I am a highly motivated final year Politics student at the University of Sheffield and am looking to gain an internship in a respected business or organisation. My experience both within my studies and in my extra-curricular activities have provided me with strong web-based and source-based research skills along with the ability to organise and synthesize information, arguments and evidence. Furthermore, as President of a society I have gained a thorough understanding of how to be an effective leader, as well as enhancing my creativity.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office including Word, Powerpoint and Excel
• Intellectual independence and autonomy
• Excellent written and oratory ability
• Analytical and conscientious approach to work loads
• Ability to work within time restraints
• Thrive within a team as well as independently
• Decisive and able to advocate solutions to problems
In addition I have achieved:
- Detailed research within a 12,000 word dissertation looking at mental health and human rights across Africa and a separate 7,000 word project under a specialist module of Health Security.
- A solid understanding of political systems globally and the interpretation of political issues and events and a detailed knowledge of security studies.
- Extensive knowledge in the international level of politics and key institutions such as the UN, the WHO and NGOs.
- Selected to be a Departmental Mentor for International Erasmus students improving my communication and instructive ability.
Join thousands of people who have started their careers using Intern Avenue
Start hiring today and receive 30% off your first month with Intern Avenue. Simply enter the code BACKTOUNI30 at checkout
*Available for Starter, Basic and Pro Packages