Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today UPS, or United Parcel Service Inc., is a global company with one of the most recognised and admired brands in the world. As the largest express carrier and package delivery company in the world, we are also a leading provider of specialised transportation, logistics, capital and e-commerce services. Every day we manage the flow of goods, funds and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
Based at our Global Treasury office in Woking, Surrey; UPS are looking to support individuals with invaluable industry experience. By which, only individuals seeking a full time 13-month industry placement as part of their degree qualification are eligible to apply. Our roles provide real responsibilities, objectives and support.
The Risk Management team oversees the management of the UPS International Insurance company, which provides insurance services for United Parcel Service Inc. and its subsidiaries. One of the main purposes of the team is to ensure risks are mitigated and decreasing the costs of accidents and claims against UPS companies.
· Assistance in completion of monthly data extract, analysis and report tasks working with Risk Management Specialist
· Assisting with data analysis leading to presentations relating to accident prevention and accountability, and developing ad-hoc reports Risk Management department to this end
· Data collection, verification and presentation as part of the Global Insurance Program Renewals working with Region and Corporate Risk Managers
· Assisting with the creation and completions of the Risk Management Budget
· Assisting with Claims Management for the Europe Region; including data extraction and analysis
· Maintain and update a database of Risk Management departmental procedures relating to all activities above
· Daily and Monthly Cash Flow Forecasting for the UPS International Insurance company
· Responsible for UPS International Insurance funding, FX transfers and claim payments
Critical Performance Indicators
Completion of daily and monthly tasks efficiently and to the required timescales
Completion of ad-hoc analysis and project tasks and communication of these as required to the Risk Management department and other departments
Knowledge & Experience
· Must be working towards an undergraduate degree in any business-related fields such as Risk Management, Business Management and Accounting & Finance
· Potential to develop strong project management, communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and negotiating skills
· Proficient PC skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
· Ability to manipulate and analyse data using common programs, plus the initiative to create and explore potential routes of enquiry and develop these to the point where they can be presented and discussed within the Risk department and other UPS departments
· Some experience of legal study would be advantageous, but not essential