We are a Software-as-a-Service startup that powers the iOS and Android shopping
apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, Radley, boohoo and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day. Poq was founded in 2011 by Oyvind, CEO, Michael, COO, Jun, CTO, and Mike, CCO. We have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
Start date: Immediate/Early March
Duration: 3-6 months
This internship is a great chance to gain hands-on marketing and account management experience in the startup, software and fashion tech industry. You will be an integral part of our growing team. Your work will make an impact and we will listen to your input. You will gain experience in account management, content marketing, B2B PR and data analysis.
What you’ll be doing
- Analysing the shopper behaviour of our clients’ app users with Google Analytics, and help turn data into thought leadership and useful advice for our clients.
- Conducting industry benchmark research of new mobile technologies and market best practices
- Becoming a brand champion to our clients, keeping them excited about our product and services
- Helping us to plan and execute webinars, dinners and other events.
- Pitching content ideas and write posts for our blog. You will be credited
- Keeping the PR contacts up to date and assist journalist outreach, to help us get coverage in leading retail publications
- Keeping Salesforce up-to-date
What we’re looking for
- Highly analytical, with ability to pay close attention to detail, especially when performing data analysis. You love data analysis! You will have demonstrable experience with analysing and reporting on data using Excel or similar tools.
- A degree in a highly analytical subject would be greatly beneficial, e.g Psychology, Informatics, Maths or similar.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Quick learner with drive and ability to take initiative
- Excellent organisational skills. You will be working with both the Marketing and Customer Success teams, so the ability to prioritise and multitask is essential.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Currently writing or contributing to a blog.
- Interest in startups, apps, ecommerce or retail. Ideally you read Drapers, Retail Week and Internet Retailing.
- Photoshop, InDesign, HTML, CSS, Mailchimp, Wordpress
- Paid Internship.
- Breakfast foods, organic fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week.
- If you work late, we pay for your dinner and have it delivered to the office.
- Team drinks every Friday.
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done BBQs, whitewater rafting, a circus workshop, and more).
- Table tennis and chill out area.
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.